The theme of the KASE international conference 2018 is "Beyond the classroom: Expanding the boundaries of science education." The KASE conference organizing committee welcomes your abstracts for oral papers, poster presentations, symposium and workshops. Strands of the KASE conference include, but are not limited to:
- Strand1. History, philosophy, and sociology of science
- Strand2. Curriculum and assessment in science education
- Strand3. Science learning, understanding and conceptual change
- Strand4. Instructional design and methods in science teaching
- Strand5. Professional development for science teachers/communicators
- Strand6. Science teaching and learning in informal settings
- Strand7. Language and culture in science education
- Strand8. Science Education based on STEAM and Hyper-Connected Society
- Strand9. Equity and diversity in science education
1. Submission Deadline: December 15, 2017
2. Notification of acceptance: December 31, 2017
* for participant from abroad, if you need visa process or other acceptance letter, then you submit the abstract early (from today) so that we can notice you final decision with the requested documents.
Oral presentations provide authors the opportunity to present original work related to conference topics.
Oral paper presentations will have 20-minute time slots. The conference organizers will group oral presentations by Strands into sessions that will include 3-4 individual presentations.
Presenters typically use PowerPoint or other slide presentations.
Oral presentation abstracts are approximately 200-500 words.
Poster sessions provide an interactive forum for authors to discuss their work.
Presenters will be assigned locations to put up their posters, which will be organized by Strand.
Poster boards and pushpins will be supplied, and posters should be attached to the boards for display.
Poster presentation abstracts are approximately 200-500 words.
Symposiums provide authors the option to organize a panel comprising 3-5 related presentations.
Symposium presentation sessions will typically be 90-120 minutes long.
Symposium proposal must include an abstract summarizing the overall theme of the panel and individual abstracts for each presentation included in the panel. Panel organizers are recommended to bring the presentations together by addressing underlying issues and to lead interactive discussions with audiences on the topic.
Symposium abstracts are approximately 500 - 1000 words.
Workshops vary from other presentation types in that they aim to provide participants with the opportunity to develop new skills for science teaching. This may take the form of a combination of some limited didactic presentation combined with hands-on activities, interactive group or individual work.
Workshop sessions will typically be 90-120 minutes long.
Workshop abstract must include a brief description on the workshop content and format.
Workshop abstracts are approximately 500 - 1000 words.
KASE, 113 Natural Science bldg., 250 Taeseongtabyeon-ro, Grangnae-myeon, Heungdeok-gu, Cheongju-si, Chungbuk 28173 KOREA
Telephone +82 43 231 7223
Copyright (c) 2004 KASE Ltd All rights reserved. Contact email@example.com